There’s no sweeter way to start the day than with this Strawberry Shortcakes recipe from Schnucks.
- 2 lb. strawberries, tops removed and sliced
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 1/3 cups Bisquick
- 2/3 cup Schnucks buttermilk
- 2 tbsp. Schnucks sugar
- 2 tbsp. orange juice
- 1 tsp. orange zest
- 1 large Schnucks egg, beaten
- 2 cups whipped topping
- Fresh mint, to garnish
- In a medium bowl, mix strawberries with 1/4 cup powdered sugar. Cover and refrigerate at least one hour.
- Preheat own to 450 degrees. In a large bowl, stir together Bisquick, buttermilk, sugar, juice and zest until combined. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and drop batter in 1/3 cup scoops, about 2" apart, onto sheet. Mix egg with 1 tablespoon water and brush on dough. Bake 8-10 minutes, until golden brown.
- Slice biscuits. Place strawberries and whipped topping between biscuit slices. Garnish and serve immediately.
Go the extra mile by replacing whipped topping with real whipped cream! Using an electric mixer, beat 2 cups heavy whipping cream on medium-high speed until peaks begin to form. Add 2 tablespoons powdered sugar and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract. Beat just until incorporated.
Nutrition Facts280 Calories Per ServingFat: 10gSaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 528mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 3gSugars: 19gProtein: 6g
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe