Caraway & Golden Raisin Soda Bread
An Irish classic made with simple ingredients to create a soft bread with a hard crust.
- 2 1/4 cup Schnucks all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Schnucks granulated sugar
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 tsp. Schnucks baking soda
- 3/4 cup golden raisins
- 2 tsp. caraway seeds
- 2 tbsp. Schnucks unsalted butter
- 1 Schnucks large egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease cookie sheet. In large bowl, with whisk, stir flour, sugar, salt and baking soda. Stir in raisins and caraway seeds.
- In small microwave-safe bowl, heat butter in microwave oven on high 30 to 40 seconds or until melted. With whisk, stir in egg and buttermilk until well combined. Add egg mixture to flour mixture and gently stir just until dough forms.
- With rubber spatula, transfer dough onto center of prepared cookie sheet. Shape dough into 6-inch round. Bake 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Transfer bread to wire rack to cool slightly. Serve warm, or cool completely. Makes one (8-inch) round loaf.
Nutrition Facts203 Calories Per ServingFat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 292mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 1gProtein: 5g
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe