Spinach and Artichoke Egg Cups
If you are looking for a quick and easy breakfast that’s also healthier, look no further. Our Spinach Artichoke Egg Cups are a nutritious, 320-calorie meal.
- 12 oz. Marinated artichoke hearts, chopped and drained (reserve 2 tbsp. marinade for cooking)
- 1 medium onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 4 Large Schnucks eggs
- 8 large egg whites
- 1 cup Schnucks Shredded Cheddar cheese
- 6 tbsp. Chia seeds
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped (divided)
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- 6 Sliced fresh strawberries (on side)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Heat reserved marinade in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add artichokes, onion and garlic to skillet and cook for five minutes. Add spinach and cook, stirring constantly, just until wilted. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs, both cheeses, one tablespoon parsley, oregano, hot sauce, salt and pepper. Add artichoke mixture to bowl and stir until combined.
- Prepare a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray. Evenly divide egg mixture among cups. Bake until eggs are completely set and golden brown, about 20 minutes. Top cups with remaining parsley. Serve immediately with strawberries on side. Cover and refrigerate leftovers up to 3 days.
Nutrition Facts320 Calories Per ServingFat: 18gSaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 145mgSodium: 370mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 10gSugars: 10gProtein: 19g
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe