Spicy Southwestern Pasta
This spicy southwestern pasta makes a great dinner dish.
- 1 lb. Schnucks bow tie pasta
- 15 oz. Schnucks tomato sauce
- 1 (10 oz.) can diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- 1 (15.25 oz.) can corn, drained
- 1 (15 oz.) can Schnucks black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 cup Schnucks shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- sliced black olives, for garnish
- sliced jalapeño peppers, for garnish
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook Schnucks bow tie pasta according to package directions.
- In a medium saucepan, combine tomato sauce, tomatoes with green chilies, corn, beans, cumin, chili powder and garlic powder. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce to a simmer while the pasta finishes cooking. Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper.
- Drain pasta, return to pan, and pour sauce over, and stir until well combined.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese on top and serve immediately. If desired, garnish with black olives and jalapeño slices.
Nutrition Facts435 Calories Per ServingFat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 535mgCarbohydrates: 73gFiber: 10gSugars: 6gProtein: 19g
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe