Smashed Potato Nachos
This recipe transforms the delicious flavors of a loaded baked potato into shareable nachos that are perfect for any occasion!
- 4 medium cooked potatoes (about 1 1/2 lbs.), halved
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup cooked chorizo
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese of choice
- 1/2 (16 oz.) bag frozen pepper and onion strips, prepared according to package
- Schnucks sour cream, to serve
- pico de gallo, to serve
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place potatoes onto a prepared baking sheet. Using a potato masher or fork, carefully smash potatoes until flattened but still in one piece. Brush with butter and season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Top with chorizo, cheese and pepper and onions and bake until cheese has melted, 2-3 more minutes. To serve, top with sour cream and pico de gallo.
Nutrition Facts360 Calories Per ServingFat: 27gSaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 55mgSodium: 360mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 1gSugars: 3gProtein: 19g
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe