Root Vegetable Enchiladas
What’s even better than your traditional enchilada recipe? Veggie-filled enchiladas that are packed with nutrients and flavor!
- 1 medium sweet potato, diced
- 2 small turnips, diced
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1 tbsp. Schnucks olive oil
- 1 tsp. Full Circle ground cumin
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 (15-oz.) can Schnucks no salt added black beans, drained & rinsed
- 8 (8 inch) whole wheat flour tortillas
- 1 (10-oz.) can green enchilada sauce, divided
- 1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 Full Circle white mild cheddar shredded cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Toss the sweet potatoes, turnips and onion with the olive oil, cumin and oregano. Spread evenly on a foil-lined baking sheet and roast for 25–30 minutes or until fork tender and browned. Let cool.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, mix the vegetables with beans, yogurt and a quarter cup of enchilada sauce.
- In a 9x13 baking dish, spread a quarter cup of enchilada sauce on bottom of pan. Divide filling between the tortillas, roll up and place in dish. Pour the remaining sauce over the enchiladas and sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes, until heated through and cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts353 Calories Per ServingFat: 9gSaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 746mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 8gSugars: 5gProtein: 22g
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe