Orange-Scented Olive Oil Cake
This light and slightly sweet cake is perfect for an afternoon snack or late morning tea.
1 hr 10 mins
- 1 1/2 cups plus 2 tbsp. King Arthur® all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 oranges
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. McCormick® ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. Schnucks ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Schnucks large eggs, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup Schnucks granulated sugar
- C&H® powdered sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 9" round cake pan with cooking spray; lightly dust bottom and sides of pan with 2 tablespoons of flour. From oranges, grate 2 tablespoons peel and squeeze 1/2 cup juice.
- In medium bowl, stir remaining flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg. In small bowl, combine oil and orange juice.
- In second medium bowl, beat eggs, sugar and orange peel on medium speed 3 minutes or until pale and thickened, scraping bowl occasionally with rubber spatula. Reduce speed to low and alternately add flour mixture and oil mixture; beat 1 additional minute or until blended.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 40-45 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out with a few crumbs. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Run small knife around edge of pan to loosen; remove cake from pan. Dust top of cake with powdered sugar just before serving
Nutrition Facts242 Calories Per ServingFat: 14gSaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 170mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 1gSugars: 13gProtein: 3g
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe