Nacho-Style Breakfast Poppers
These protein rich poppers pack a punch in flavor and nutrition! Plus, who doesn’t want nachos for breakfast?
- 1 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 12 oz. lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro, plus more to serve (if desired)
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 16 mini peppers, halved and seeded
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Heat 1/2 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Add turkey, onion and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently and breaking up meat, 6–8 minutes or until cooked through.
- Add chicken broth, tomato sauce, cilantro and cumin. Cook, stirring occasionally, 2–3 minutes or until bubbly and heated through. Remove from skillet.
- Wipe skillet clean, add remaining oil and return to range over medium. Add eggs and cook, gently stirring, 4–5 minutes or until eggs are fluffy. Return sausage mixture to skillet and toss to combine.
- Place peppers, cut-side up, on a foil-lined baking sheet. Divide egg mixture evenly over peppers, then top with cheese and bake 8–10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve topped with fresh cilantro.
Nutrition Facts336 Calories Per ServingFat: 20gSaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 264mgSodium: 813mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 3gSugars: 6gProtein: 27g
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe