Maple Bourbon Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Indulge in this velvety, savory and sweet take on mashed sweet potatoes. With a dash of bourbon and maple syrup, this holiday side dish is filled with flavor.
- 3 lb. sweet potatoes (about 6 medium)
- 4 tbsp. Schnucks unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp. bourbon
- 2 tbsp. Schnucks pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- Peel and cut potatoes into 2-inch pieces. Transfer to a large pot, cover with water and bring to a boil. Cook until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Drain and return to pot over low heat. Add remaining ingredients; mash until smooth. If desired, top with crispy cooked bacon crumbles or chopped toasted pecans.
Nutrition Facts257 Calories Per ServingFat: 13gSaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 440mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 4gSugars: 13gProtein: 2g
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe