Lucy’s German-Style Potato Salad
Lucy’s German-Style Potato Salad is so good, you’ll want to add it as a side for all of your picnics and group gatherings.
- 2 lbs. small red new potatoes
- 2 tsp. grapeseed oil
- 10 slices Schnucks applewood smoked bacon
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup chopped shallots
- 2 cups sweet Riesling wine
- 2 tbsp. Schnucks apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. Schnucks granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp. mustard seed
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp. crème fraîche or sour cream
- kosher salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Cut potatoes in half; place in large saucepot and cover with cold water. Heat to boiling over high heat; boil 1 minute. Drain potatoes and transfer to large bowl; add oil and toss to coat. Transfer potatoes to rimmed baking pan. Roast 20 to 25 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a nonstick 12" skillet, cook bacon (cut crosswise into 1/4" pieces) over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until crisp. With slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towel-lined plate. Reserve half of the bacon drippings.
- To same skillet with bacon drippings, add onion and shallots; cook over medium heat 5 to 10 minutes or until onions are soft and translucent. Increase heat to medium-high; add wine and cook until mixture is reduced to a syrupy consistency. Reduce heat to medium, add vinegar, sugar and mustard seed; cook 2 minutes.
- Transfer potatoes to large bowl; add green onions, crème fraîche, salt and pepper to taste, bacon and onion mixture and toss until well combined. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts240 Calories Per ServingFat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 270mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 3gSugars: 5gProtein: 7g
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe