Kale Pesto Pasta
This plant-forward meal is loaded with green veggies and whole grain noodles to fill you up. With 12 grams of fiber per serving, this pasta dish will help meet your daily fiber goals. Aim for 25 grams a day for women and 38 grams for men.
- 1 bunch kale
- 1/2 cup Schnucks natural almonds
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp. salt
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 (16 oz.) box whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 large zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup arugula
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Cook kale in a large pot of boiling water until bright green, about 30 seconds. Remove using a slotted spoon, squeeze out excess water and set aside. Add spaghetti to pot and prepare according to package, reserving pasta water.
- Add 1/4 cup water, almonds, oil, garlic, salt and lemon juice and zest to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Add kale and blend. Add water 1 tablespoon at a time, as needed, until smooth. Transfer pesto to a large bowl.
- Coat a large skillet with cooking spray and add zucchini. Cook zucchini over medium-high heat until softened, stirring often, about 5 minutes. Add peas and cook until warmed, about 2 minutes. Stir in arugula and transfer vegetables to pesto bowl.
- Add spaghetti to bowl with vegetables and pesto. Add 1/4 cup reserved pasta water and toss until coated.
Nutrition Facts540 Calories Per ServingFat: 28gSaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 3.5mgSodium: 515mgCarbohydrates: 66gFiber: 12gSugars: 5gProtein: 16g
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe