Black Bean Brownies
Made with no salt added black beans, these Dietitian Pick brownies are a delicious dessert to satisfy your sweet tooth.
- 1 (15 oz.) can Schnucks no salt added black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3 tbsp. canola oil
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 tsp. low-sodium baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup Lily’s dark chocolate baking chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a blender, puree beans, honey, oil and vanilla until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, combine bean mixture with cocoa, eggs, baking powder, salt and baking chips.
- In an 8x8 pan coated with cooking spray, pour in batter and bake for 30-35 minutes, until set. Let cool for 10-15 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts94 Calories Per ServingFat: 5.2gSaturated Fat: 0.9gCholesterol: 47mgSodium: 70mgCarbohydrates: 10.9gFiber: 1.3gSugars: 8gProtein: 3g
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe