Dive into a delicious blend of ricotta and herbs with this Baked Ricotta appetizer! Increase the protein by serving it with Dave’s Killer Bread bagels for dipping.
- 15 oz. part skim ricotta cheese
- 4 oz. Schnucks finely shredded Italian cheese
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp. Schnucks cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp. Schnucks garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- 2 tbsp. chopped roasted unsalted pistachios
- 1/4 tsp. Schnucks paprika
- 3 Dave's Killer Bread bagels
- 1 tbsp. Schnucks extra virgin olive oil (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, stir together ricotta cheese, Italian cheese, lemon zest, cayenne pepper, garlic powder and parsley until combined. Season with salt and black pepper, if desired.
- Spread mixture into a shallow oven-safe dish; bake until lightly browned, 25–35 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes. Top with remaining ingredients and, if desired, drizzle with oil. For an extra protein boost, serve with Dave's Killer Bread bagels for dipping.
Substitute walnuts or pine nuts. You can even roast the ricotta with sun-dried or cherry tomatoes.
Nutrition Facts291 Calories Per ServingFat: 15gSaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 39mgSodium: 351mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 1gSugars: 2gProtein: 17g
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe