Baja Fish Tacos
Baja Fish Taco Tuesday doesn’t have the same charm and roll off your tongue quite like Taco Tuesday does. It must mean it’s for eating any day of the week.
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Mexican-style lager
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 lb. skinless white fish fillets, cut into 6x1-inch strips
- 8 6-inch corn tortillas
- 4 cups coleslaw mix
- 4 radishes, cut into matchsticks
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves, divided
- 1/2 cup chipotle ranch dressing
- sliced avocado, to serve (if desired)
- pico de gallo, to serve (if desired)
- In a 3-quart saucepan or deep-fat fryer heat 2 inches of cooking oil to 375 degrees
- In a medium bowl combine flour, beer, eggs, baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Beat with a whisk until smooth. Dip fish into batter and fry in the hot oil, 3–4 minutes or until coating is golden brown and fish reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees, turning once halfway through. Remove fish and drain on paper towels.
- Stack tortillas and wrap in foil. Place in a 250-degree oven to heat through.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine coleslaw mix, radishes, 3 tablespoons cilantro and chipotle ranch dressing.
- To serve, place a piece of fish on each tortilla and top with slaw mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cilantro. Top with sliced avocado and pico de gallo, if desired.
Skip steps 1–2; ask us to season your fish with lemon pepper and fry it in our spicy red breading.
Nutrition Facts647 Calories Per ServingFat: 35gSaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 136mgSodium: 502mgCarbohydrates: 51gFiber: 6gSugars: 4gProtein: 32g
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe