White Turkey Chili
The weather is getting chilly — which means it’s time for chili!
- green hot sauce, to taste
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 lb. ground turkey
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 green bell peppers, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans chicken stock
- 1 lb. tomatillos, diced
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 (15 oz.) cans navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat, add the turkey and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Drain off extra liquid and add the garlic, onion, bell peppers, celery, jalapeno. Cook for 3-4 minutes, until softened.
- Add the stock, tomatillos, coriander, cumin, oregano, hot sauce, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 6-8 minutes, or until tomatillos are soft.
- Puree half of the beans. Add the mashed and whole beans and heat through.
- If desired, serve with Greek yogurt, avocado and jalapeño.