Vegan Green Bean Casserole
A classic and crowd favorite holiday side dish that is vegan approved with fresh green beans, a creamy mushroom sauce, and homemade crispy onions.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add green beans to pot and cook until bright green and crisp tender, 3-5 minutes. Drain beans and add to an ice bath to stop cooking.
- Heat 1/2-inch oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add sliced onion, fry until golden-brown and drain on paper towels. Let oil cool then discard.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and sauté until softened, about 4 minutes. Add flour and cook 2 more minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir in broth, coconut milk, thyme and garlic. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Add green beans to a prepared casserole dish and pour mixture over top. Bake until bubbly, 20-25 minutes. Top with fried onions and bake 5 more minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts150 Calories Per ServingFat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gSodium: 25mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 4gSugars: 7gProtein: 6g
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe