Two-in-One Breakfast Quesadilla
This breakfast quesadilla includes a simple, but hearty breakfast scramble sandwiched between light and fluffy pancakes. Serve with maple syrup and fresh fruit to complete the perfect morning mashup.
- 5 eggs, divided
- 4 slices bacon
- 5 oz. Schnucks frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed to drain excess moisture
- 1 cup baking mix
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 tsp. vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup Schnucks shredded Cheddar cheese
- sliced green onion, optional
- maple syrup, for serving
- Scramble 4 eggs and prepare slices of bacon according to package directions. Crumble bacon and set aside with eggs and spinach.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat.
- Meanwhile, combine baking mix with milk, 1 egg and vegetable oil.
- Spray skillet with cooking spray then add ½ cup batter, gently turning skillet to spread batter into a thin layer. Cook until pancake bubbles, then flip and cook 1-2 more minutes.
- Repeat to make second pancake. After flipping second pancake, top with 1/2 of scrambled eggs, 1/2 of bacon, 1/2 of spinach, Schnucks shredded Cheddar cheese and sliced green onion (if desired).
- Top with first pancake and cook until warmed through and cheese has melted, 3-4 minutes, flipping once halfway through.
- Repeat with remaining batter and ingredients to make a second quesadilla.
- Serve with warm maple syrup, if desired.
No baking mix? Make your own with a few pantry staples. Simply combine 1 cup flour with 2 tsp. baking powder and 1/2 tsp. salt.
Nutrition Facts780 Calories Per ServingFat: 42gSaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 530mgSodium: 1460mgCarbohydrates: 56gFiber: 4gSugars: 4gProtein: 44g
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe