These oven-baked Tofu Strips are an absolute delight with their crispy exterior and deliciously savory taste. You only need a few simple ingredients and a hot oven to make them!
- 14 oz. extra firm tofu
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Schnucks onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 3/4 cup Schnucks cornstarch
- 1 cup Schnucks panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup low-fat or non-dairy milk
- Drain and press excess liquid out of the tofu. Cut the block in half lengthwise, wrap each half with paper towels and place cool, heavy pan or skillet on top to press out additional moisture. Let sit for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place a baking rack on a rimmed sheet pan and lightly coat with cooking spray. Cut each half of tofu into 6 strips.
- Line up three shallow bowls. Put all the spices and cornstarch in one bowl; stir to combine. Place the milk in the second and the panko in the last bowl.
- Coat one tofu strip in the cornstarch mixture, then dip into the milk, return to the cornstarch and then dip into the milk a second time. Place the strip in the panko, toss to coat and place on the baking rack. Repeat with remaining strips.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, until browned and crispy. Serve immediately with dipping sauce of your choice.
Nutrition Facts99 Calories Per ServingFat: 2gSodium: 1mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 4gSugars: 9gProtein: 5g
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe