Tahini Oat Breakfast Cookies
Good news! Cookies are now recommended for a balanced breakfast. Well, not all cookies, but these are!
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 medium ripe banana, mashed
- 1 Flax Egg (see recipe notes) or 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- optional mix-ins (see recipe notes)
- Place rack in center of oven and preheat to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large bowl stir together tahini, maple syrup, coconut sugar, banana, Flax Egg and vanilla. In a separate large bowl, stir together oats, baking powder and salt. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients; mix until just combined. Gently fold in coconut and any additional mix-ins (see recipe notes).
- Scoop 2-tablespoon portions of dough onto prepared cookie sheet, leaving 2 inches of space between each.
- Bake 15–18 minutes or until edges of cookies are golden brown. Remove from oven; let cool on pan 5 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool completely. Store in an airtight container up to 7 days.
For one egg equivalent, mix 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal with 3 tablespoons of water in a small bowl and let sit 1–2 minutes or until thickened.
- chia seeds
- mini dark chocolate chips
- dried cranberries
- hemp seeds
- chopped walnuts
Nutrition Facts142 Calories Per ServingFat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 92mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 2gSugars: 10gProtein: 3g
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe