Enjoy this delicious twist on stuffed peppers from Schnucks.
- 1 1/2 cup Schnucks shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 (15 oz.) can Schnucks kidney beans
- 1 (15 oz.) can corn, drained
- 1 (10 oz.) can Schnucks diced tomatoes with green chili
- 1/2 cup Schnucks salsa
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. cumin
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 cup rice, cooked
- 4-5 bell peppers, halved lengthwise
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced, for garnish
- cilantro, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Brown ground turkey in a large fry pan until cooked through. Add beans, corn, diced tomato, salsa, garlic, cumin, chili powder, rice and 1 cup cheese to turkey in pan. Reserve 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Cut bell peppers lengthwise and spoon out the ribs and seeds. Place peppers in 9x13" greased baking dish. Spoon turkey mixture into pepper halves.
- Bake uncovered for 40 minutes until peppers have softened and cheese is melted. Add reserved cheese during the last 5 minutes.
- Garnish with green onions and cilantro.
Nutrition Facts352 Calories Per ServingFat: 15gSaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 654mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 8gSugars: 5gProtein: 23g
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe