Spicy Peanut Shrimp
Fire up your taste buds with this Spicy Peanut Shrimp recipe! It’s a rich, flavor-packed appetizer that works great for holiday parties.
1 hr 15 mins
- 2 lb. raw shrimp (16–20 count), peeled & deveined
- 3 limes, zested and juiced
- 1 tsp. Schnucks cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Schnucks ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. grated fresh ginger, divided
- 1 tbsp. Schnucks olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 serrano pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp. Schnucks ground cumin
- 1 Schnucks bay leaf
- 1 cup canned fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Schnucks natural creamy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- In a gallon resealable bag, add shrimp, lime zest and juice, cayenne, cinnamon and half of the ginger. Season with salt, if desired. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Stir in onion, carrot and celery. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened.
- Add serrano, garlic, cumin, remaining ginger and bay leaf. Stir to combine; cook 2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes; cook 2 more minutes.
- Add peanut butter, stirring constantly, until melted and combined, 5 minutes. Season with salt, if desired. Remove from heat, discard bay leaf and let cool 15 minutes.
- In a food processor or blender, purée sauce until smooth, 2–3 minutes. Cover and set aside.
- Heat a large grill pan coated with cooking spray on medium-high heat. Grill shrimp 2 minutes; turn over and grill until pink and not translucent, 2–3 minutes more. Remove from heat garnish with cilantro. Serve with spicy peanut sauce for dipping.
Nutrition Facts313 Calories Per ServingFat: 14gSaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 243mgSodium: 302mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 3gSugars: 4gProtein: 36g
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe