Spiced Citrus Mulled Wine
Warm up with this aromatic, perfectly-spiced mulled wine. This holiday cocktail recipe is easy to make and so comforting.
1 hr 5 mins
- 1 (750 ml) bottle Merlot
- 1 1/2 cups fresh apple cider
- 4 navel oranges, juiced (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 2 star anise pods
- 2 blood oranges, sliced
- 2 Anjou pears, halved
- 1 tsp. whole cloves
- 1 tsp. cardamom
- In a large crock pot on high, add wine, apple cider, orange juice, brandy and maple syrup. Whisk to combine.
- Add cinnamon sticks, star anise, cloves, cardamom, 1 sliced blood orange and 1 pear halved to pot. Cover and bring to a gentle simmer over low heat (do not let the mixture boil or alcohol will cook out). Simmer 1 hour, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Pour mixture through a sieve into a pitcher to remove solids. Stir in pomegranate seeds and halved cranberries. Garnish with sliced blood-orange and pear before serving warm.
Nutrition Facts180 Calories Per ServingSodium: 7mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 4gSugars: 17gProtein: 1g
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe