Slow Cooker Pumpkin Oatmeal
Let your slow cooker bring all the flavors of fall to your morning meal with a Dietitian Pick pumpkin oatmeal, complete with golden delicious apples and pecans.
- 2 cups steel cut oats
- 1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 2 large golden delicious apples, cored and diced
- 2 cups low fat Greek yogurt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a large crock pot on low heat, combine oats, pumpkin, vanilla, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, apples and 8 cups of water. Cook for 8 hours until oats are tender.
- Top with yogurt and chopped pecans; adding an additional chopped apple if desired. Store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to a week or freeze for up to a month.
Nutrition Facts344 Calories Per ServingFat: 13gSaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 334mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 9gSugars: 8gProtein: 14g
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe