Savory French Toast Benedict with Crab
Breakfast for dinner, but make it savory! Anything bacon can do, sausage can do better.
- Poach or fry four of the eggs and prepare sausage strips according to package.
- In a small saucepan heat hollandaise, crab and parsley over low heat until warmed through. Cover to keep warm.
- In a shallow dish whisk together remaining two eggs, milk, garlic and ground mustard. Season with salt and pepper. Place slices of bread in the egg mixture and let stand for 1 minute, turning once halfway through.
- In a large skillet or griddle, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add soaked bread and cook 3–4 minutes or until browned and crispy, turning once halfway through.
- To serve, divide French toast among four plates; evenly top with cooked sausage strips, prepared eggs, arugula and onion. Drizzle with crab hollandaise sauce.
Nutrition Facts633 Calories Per ServingFat: 51gSaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 551mgSodium: 1836mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 2gSugars: 3gProtein: 31g
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe