Roasted Cauliflower Mac & Cheese
Packed full of affordable fixins like our own shredded cheese and dried pasta—plus a handful of kitchen standards like flour, milk and butter—this luscious, low-cost mac and cheese is everything one could want on a chilly fall evening. Plus, we offer a Great Low Price on fresh cauliflower, which is roasted and blended right into the sauce; a budget-friendly boost of flavor and nutrition that even kids will love!
- 1 head cauliflower, trimmed and cut into florets
- 1 tbsp. Schnucks vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp. Schnucks unsalted butter, divided
- 2 tbsp. Gold Medal flour
- 2 cups Schnucks 2% milk
- 2 tsp. Spice Supreme paprika
- 1 1/2 cups Schnucks shredded cheese of choice
- 1/2 (16 oz.) pkg. Schnucks dried pasta of choice, prepared according to instructions
- chopped fresh parsley, to serve (if desired)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a large bowl, toss together cauliflower and oil; season with salt and pepper, if desired. Spread onto a rimmed sheet pan in an even layer and roast 20–25 minutes or until browned and tender; let cool.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-low heat; add flour and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add milk and paprika; cook, stirring occasionally, 3-5 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat and stir in cheese until melted and combined; let cool.
- Working in batches, if necessary, transfer cheese sauce and roasted cauliflower to a blender or food processor; puree until smooth.
- Oil a medium to large casserole dish. Add prepared pasta and cheese sauce; stir to combine, spreading in an even layer. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Bake at 425 degrees until bubbling and starting to brown on top, about 20 minutes. Serve topped with fresh parsley.
Nutrition Facts577 Calories Per ServingFat: 27gSaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 69mgSodium: 373mgCarbohydrates: 59gFiber: 5gSugars: 5gProtein: 25g
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe