Quick Pita Breakfast Sammie
Get your daily dose of veggies first thing in the morning! Plus, this recipe is perfect for using up leftover veggies such as broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus and/or potatoes.
- 1 cup chopped, cooked vegetables
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp. milk
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup Schnucks shredded cheese of choice
- 1 whole-wheat pita pocket
- Add chopped, cooked vegetables to a microwave-safe bowl; reheat in microwave until warm, about 1 minute.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs with milk. Stir egg mixture and sliced green onions into the vegetables; season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Microwave about 1 minute or until eggs are cooked through, stirring once halfway through.
- Top with Schnucks shredded cheese of choice.
- Halve one whole-wheat pita pocket.
- Evenly divide egg mixture among pita halves and serve.
Nutrition Facts301 Calories Per ServingFat: 11gSaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 289mgSodium: 409mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 7gSugars: 4gProtein: 19g
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe