Loaded Veggie Macaroni Salad
Looking for a delicious new cold pasta recipe? This Loaded Veggie Macaroni Salad combines veggies, tofu and various seasonings to create the perfect creamy pasta dish.
- 1/2 cup silken tofu firm
- 2 tsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. Schnucks olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp. spicy brown mustard
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 4 cups cooked whole grain elbow pasta, chilled
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1/4 cup matchstix carrots
- 1/4 cup green onions, sliced
- 3 tbsp. fresh dill, chopped
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- In a food processor, blend tofu, honey and vinegar with 1–2 tablespoons cold water until smooth, about 3–4 minutes.
- Add olive oil, mustard and garlic powder, blend for 1 minute until thoroughly mixed. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Set aside covered.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss cooked pasta with veggies and herbs. Add dressing and toss until combined thoroughly, season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Chill covered in refrigerator 1–2 hours minimum before serving.
Nutrition Facts485 Calories Per ServingFat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 89mgCarbohydrates: 90gFiber: 16gSugars: 8gProtein: 20g
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe