Lentil Burger with Garlic Mayo & Sweet Potato Fries
These lentil based veggie burgers paired with sweet potato fries is a great way to incorporate more vegetables into your diet. Plus, mixing and forming the lentil mixture is a perfect job for little helps and child chefs! Not only is it fun to squish and smash, but you also don’t have to worry about cross-contamination from these meatless burgers.
- 2/3 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into ½-inch wide sticks
- 1 1/2 tsp. paprika, divided
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. minced garlic, mashed with fork
- 1 cup Schnucks mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 cups cooked green lentils
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tsp. dried parsley
- 4 hamburger buns
- salad greens, to serve
- sliced onion, to serve
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add carrot and onion to skillet and sauté until tender, about 8 minutes.
- Toss potatoes with 2 tablespoons oil, 1 teaspoon paprika and garlic powder. Divide among two foil-lined baking sheets (leaving space between potatoes) and bake until browned and crispy, 25-30 minutes, flipping once halfway through. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Stir together mayonnaise, garlic, 3 tablespoons oil and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Set aside.
- Add oats to a blender (or food processor) and pulse until finely chopped, then pour into a large bowl. Next, add carrot, onion and lentils to blender and pulse until mixture forms a coarse paste. Add lentil mixture to bowl with oats along with soy sauce, parsley and remaining paprika. Mix until combined and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Form the mixture into 6 patties.
- Heat remaining oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook patties until browned and crispy, 3-4 minutes per side.
- Divide patties among buns and top each with salad greens, red onion and prepared garlic mayo. Serve with sweet potato fries and remaining garlic mayo for dipping.
Nutrition Facts1220 Calories Per ServingFat: 85gSaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 1140mgCarbohydrates: 97gFiber: 17gSugars: 14gProtein: 21g
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe