Japanese-Style Sirloin Rice Bowl
Sirloin steak strips stir-fried with peppers, cabbage, and sprouts then tossed with a homemade sauce and served over rice. This quick and easy recipe for a meal packed with flavor.
- 1 lb. Certified Angus Beef® sirloin steak, cut into 1/4-inch thick strips
- 3 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 2 tbsp. sake or dry sherry
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 cup cooked short grain or brown rice
- 2 tsp. vegetable oil
- 6 scallions, cut diagonally into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 8 oz. napa cabbage, chopped
- 4 oz. bean sprouts
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame seeds
- Combine soy sauce, sugar, sake and sesame oil in a small bowl. Set aside. Cook rice according to package directions.
- Heat wok, electric frying pan or large sauté pan to medium high heat. Heat vegetable oil, add sirloin steak strips and stir until strips are browned (about 2-3 minutes). Push strips to one side. Add scallions and peppers and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes. Add cabbage and sprouts, combining all ingredients in the pan. Stir-fry about 1 minute.
- Pour soy sauce mixture over steak and vegetables and toss. Serve in a bowl over warm rice and garnish with sesame seeds.
Nutrition Facts300 Calories Per ServingFat: 16gSaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 60mgSodium: 650mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 2gSugars: 4gProtein: 20g
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe