This traditional Mexican breakfast consists of a fried egg served on a corn tortilla along with fresh tomatoes, black beans, plant-based crumbles and lots of lime.
- 3 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup white onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp. and 1 tsp. lime juice, divided
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground pepper
- 2 tsp. vegetable oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (15 oz.) can Full Circle black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 cup Lightlife Mexican plant-based crumbles
- 4 large eggs
- 4 corn tortillas, warmed
- 4 lime wedges, for serving
- For pico de gallo, in a small bowl, mix tomatoes, onion, cilantro, 2 tablespoons lime juice, salt and pepper together, set aside.
- For beans, place a small saucepan over medium heat, add 1 teaspoon oil and garlic; stirring 2–3 minutes until fragrant. Combine beans with remaining 1 teaspoon lime juice, cumin, oregano and 1/4 cup water, let simmer 5–6 minutes then roughly mash with potato masher.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, warm tortillas on each side, wrap in clean towel to keep warm. To a medium sized skillet, combine 1 teaspoon oil, crumbles and eggs. Fry 4-6 minutes or until egg reaches desired doneness.
- Place tortillas on 4 plates. Spread beans on each tortilla, top with Mexican crumbles, fried eggs and pico de gallo. Serve with lime wedges.
Nutrition Facts300 Calories Per ServingFat: 8.5gSaturated Fat: 1.6gCholesterol: 164mgSodium: 32.95mgCarbohydrates: 38.1gFiber: 10.4gSugars: 6.7gProtein: 19.7g
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe