Fried Shrimp Ramen
With so many ways to customize it, think of this recipe as inspiration for your taste buds.
- In a 3-quart saucepan or deep-fat fryer heat 2 inches of cooking oil to 350 degrees.
- In a shallow bowl combine flour and 1 teaspoon each salt and pepper. In another bowl lightly beat the eggs. Working in batches, dredge the shrimp in the flour mixture, shaking off excess; dip in the beaten eggs, then return to the flour mixture, turning to form a thick crust. Fry the shrimp 1–2 minutes or until golden and crispy. Remove shrimp and drain on paper towels.
- Heat sesame oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Sauté garlic and ginger about 1 minute or until fragrant. Add the mushrooms; sauté 2 minutes more.
- Add the broth, sriracha and 2 cups water and bring to a boil. Add ramen noodles and seasoning from packet, reduce heat and simmer 3–4 minutes or just until al dente. Stir in greens and cook 1–2 more minutes.
- Divide ramen and shrimp among four bowls, top as desired and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts598 Calories Per ServingFat: 32gSaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 236mgSodium: 679mgCarbohydrates: 51gFiber: 3gSugars: 4gProtein: 28g
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe