French Toast Roll-Ups
These tasty French toast roll-ups are the perfect start to the day! Prep your roll-ups ahead of time by placing roll-ups in resealable freezer bags before baking. When ready to eat, thaw and bake as instructed in step 5.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, maple syrup, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and salt.
- In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of butter over medium heat. While butter is melting, dip bread into egg mixture and allow to soak for about 20 seconds. Place finished bread on a large platter.
- Once butter is melted, add 2 slices of bread to pan and cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side. Place French toast onto a cooling rack. Repeat until all bread has been cooked. Allow toast to cool.
- Once cool, flatten French toast with a rolling pin and add filling of choice. Roll toast around filling.
- Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet, seam side down and bake at 400 degrees until golden brown, about 5-7 minutes. Serve with warm maple syrup.
Nutrition Facts117 Calories Per ServingFat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 109mgSodium: 297mgCarbohydrates: 20gSugars: 6gProtein: 6g
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe