Ensalada De Noche Buena (Christmas Eve Salad)
Enjoy festive Mexican flavors with our take on this traditional recipe. Crunchy jicama, fresh pomegranate and satisfying avocado make for the perfect side dish.
- 1 cup Schnucks nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened pomegranate juice
- 2 tsp. Schnucks honey
- 2 tsp. white balsamic vinegar
- 1 lime, zested & juiced
- 4 medium red beets, trimmed
- 2 heads lettuce
- 4 blood oranges, peeled & sectioned
- 2 Gala apples
- 2 Granny Smith apples, sliced
- 1 medium jicama, peeled & thinly sliced
- 1/4 fresh pineapple, trimmed & sliced
- 1 pomegranate, seeded
- 1 cup roasted unsalted pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp. chopped cilantro, for garnish
- In a medium bowl, whisk together Greek yogurt, pomegranate juice, honey, balsamic vinegar and juiced lime until smooth, 1–2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Position rack in middle of oven and preheat oven to 375 degrees. Wrap each beet in two layers of heavy-duty foil and arrange on a sheet pan. Roast until fork-tender, 50–60 minutes. Remove from oven; when cool enough to touch, refrigerate at least 60 minutes. Remove beets from foil and gently rub with paper towels to remove skins. Slice into wedges.
- Line a shallow serving platter with the outer leaves of lettuce heads. Roughly chop lettuce hearts and scatter over outer leaves. Top with beets, oranges, apples, jicama and pineapple.
- Drizzle with half of the dressing and sprinkle with pomegranate and pumpkin seeds. Garnish with cilantro and serve with remaining dressing.
Nutrition Facts209 Calories Per ServingFat: 3gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 43mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 12gSugars: 24gProtein: 8g
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe