Egg Roll in a Bowl
Ground pork is affordable, fresh and extremely versatile, soaking up any flavor you add to it. It’s available with an average lean-fat ratio of 70% lean, 30% fat, making it a great substitute for other ground meats featured in your favorite recipes.
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 tbsp. finely minced garlic
- 1 tbsp. ginger
- 1 lb. ground pork
- 2 tsp. Sriracha sauce
- 1 (14 oz.) bag coleslaw mix
- 2 red bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 (12 oz.) bag matchstick carrots
- 3 tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat sesame oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add red onion, cook 2-3 minutes. Add garlic and ginger. Cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add ground pork and Sriracha. Cook and crumble until pork is cooked through, about 7-10 minutes.
- Add coleslaw mix, red bell pepper, carrots, soy sauce, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, black pepper and salt, to taste, and stir until well combined. Cook, stirring occasionally, until cabbage is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Spoon pork-cabbage mixture into a serving bowl. Drizzle with sauce of choice and garnish, if desired.
Cook ground pork to 160 degrees Fahrenheit or according to label directions.
- Hoisin or duck sauce
- Hot sauce
- Sweet chili garlic sauce
- For a creamy sauce, mix together Greek yogurt, sriracha, lime juice and salt to taste.
- Sliced green onion
- Sesame seeds
- Wonton strips
Nutrition Facts410 Calories Per ServingFat: 29gSaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 80mgSodium: 930mgCarbohydrates: 17gSugars: 8gProtein: 23g
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe