Creamy Beef Stroganoff
While Beef Stroganoff has its roots in Russian tradition, the dish has become popular worldwide with variations of the recipe being served in China, Japan, Portugal and even Brazil. Even though each region has its own version, our recipe stays close to the original, with shaved beef in a sour cream and Dijon sauce.
- 1/2 (16 oz.) pkg. Schnucks wide egg noodles
- 1 1/4 lb. Certified Angus Beef® or USDA Choice shaved steak
- 4 tbsp. Schnucks all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 tbsp. Schnucks olive oil, divided
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 (10 oz.) pkg. Schnucks sliced white mushrooms
- 1 tbsp. Schnucks Select Dijon mustard
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can beef broth
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 (8 oz.) container Schnucks sour cream
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Heat 4-quart covered saucepan of salted water to boiling over high heat. Add egg noodles and cook as label directs. Drain egg noodles, then return to saucepan. Cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, toss beef with 3 tablespoons flour. In 12-inch skillet, heat 1/2 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add half of beef and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until lightly browned on both sides but still pink in center. Transfer beef to small bowl. Repeat with 1/2 tablespoon oil, remaining beef and any flour in bowl; transfer beef to same bowl as it browns
- To same skillet, add remaining 1 tablespoon oil and onion and cook over medium-high heat 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add mushrooms and cook 4 to 5 minutes longer or until mushrooms are tender and onion is browned, stirring frequently. Add remaining 1 tablespoon flour and cook 30 seconds, stirring. Add mustard and cook 30 seconds, stirring. Stir in broth, salt and pepper and heat to boiling, stirring to loosen any browned bits in bottom of skillet. Stir in beef with any juices in bowl and simmer 5 minutes.
- . Pour beef mixture over pasta and toss until well combined. Stir in half of sour cream until well blended, then stir in remaining sour cream. Heat through over low heat. Stir in parsley. Makes about 9 cups.
Nutrition Facts799 Calories Per ServingFat: 43gSaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 188mgSodium: 1090mgCarbohydrates: 57gFiber: 3gProtein: 47g
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe