Cranberry Sauce Meatballs
Add a tangy twist to your meatball appetizer this holiday! This recipe features the perfect fusion between sweet and savory–plus, you can prep it ahead of time.
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup Schnucks ketchup
- 1/4 tsp. Schnucks garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/2 cup Schnucks Italian-style breadcrumbs
- 1 (14 oz.) can Schnucks jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 2 navel oranges, juiced (or 1/2 cup orange juice)
- 1/2 cup less sodium chicken broth
- 3 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp. Schnucks honey
- 1 tsp. hot sauce
- 1 tsp. fresh rosemary, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 tsp. Schnucks black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees with rack in middle position. Line a large sheet pan with foil and coat with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ground turkey, egg, ketchup, garlic powder, paprika and breadcrumbs. Roll turkey mixture into 2-inch balls and arrange on prepared sheet pan; bake 20 minutes.
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, combine remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer, stirring often, until cranberries have popped, about 15 minutes.
- Add meatballs to sauce and toss to coat. Remove from heat. Serve warm, garnished with rosemary.
Prep meatballs ahead (without baking) and keep them in the refrigerator up to 4 days or in the freezer up to a month. Thaw (if frozen) and cook according to recipe.
Nutrition Facts284 Calories Per ServingFat: 11gSaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 64mgSodium: 272mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 2gSugars: 25gProtein: 10g
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe