Cranberry Orange Bars
These Cranberry-Orange Bars are the perfect balance of sweet and tangy. With a buttery crust and smooth filling, you’ll impress guests with this holiday dessert.
- 1 cup Schnucks flour
- 1 1/3 cups Schnucks granulated sugar, divided
- 3 tbsp. Schnucks powdered sugar
- 2 blood oranges, zested & juiced (about 2/3 cup juice)
- 1 cup Schnucks unsalted butter, divided
- 1/3 cup shelled pistachios
- 1 lb. fresh cranberries
- 1/4 tsp. salt, divided
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tsp. Schnucks cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper on all sides. In a food processor, add flour, 3 tablespoons granulated sugar, the powdered sugar, zest, 8 tablespoons cubed butter and the pistachios. Pulse on high until a dough forms.
- Using your hands, press dough into prepared pan to form a crust. Bake 30 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, stir in cranberries, juice from oranges, salt and remaining granulated sugar. Bring to a simmer, stirring often. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, covered, until all cranberries burst, about 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg yolks with cornstarch until smooth. Whisk in 1/4 cup cranberry mixture until just combined. In a blender or food processor, blend remaining cranberry mixture and egg yolk mixture on high until smooth, scraping down sides as needed, about 1 minute.
- Strain cranberry mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl; discard solids. Let cool at least 45 minutes or up to 1 hour.
- Whisk remaining butter into cranberry mixture until fully blended, 2–3 minutes. Pour over crust and smooth with a spatula. Let stand at room temperature 2 hours, then cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
Nutrition Facts320 Calories Per ServingFat: 18gSaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 86mgSodium: 54mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 3gSugars: 27gProtein: 3g
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe