Butter-Steamed Lobster Packets
It doesn’t need to be a special occasion to to enjoy lobster! Make Butter-Steamed Lobster Packets any night of the week.
- 8 cold water lobster tails (about 4 oz. each)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (such as Chardonnay)
- 4 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 medium leek, cut lengthwise in half, then thinly sliced crosswise (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks), cut into cubes
- 1 cup halved tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground white pepper
- 1 navel orange
- Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium-high heat. With large knife, cut lengthwise down the underside center of each lobster tail, cutting completely through tail and shell. With fingers, loosen lobster meat from shells, leaving meat in shells.
- Cut 12 (12-inch square) pieces of aluminum foil. For each of the 4 packets, place 2 pieces foil in double layer on work surface. Place 4 lobster halves, cut side up, in center of each foil. Turn up edges of foil squares to form bowls.
- Over lobsters in each bowl, pour 2 tablespoons wine, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, and 1/4 cup each leek, butter and tomatoes; evenly sprinkle with thyme, salt and pepper. Cut orange in half through the ends, then thinly sliced. Shingle 1/4 of the orange over each bowl.
- To seal packets, place 1 foil square over each bowl; fold and crimp edges together tightly to form seal around edges. Place packets on hot grill rack; cover and cook 12 minutes. (Internal temperature of lobster should rea
Nutrition Facts666 Calories Per ServingFat: 45gSaturated Fat: 30gCholesterol: 439mgSodium: 1651mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 2gSugars: 6gProtein: 43g
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe