Broccoli Tots with Lemon Yogurt Dip
Forget the frozen tater tots and try this healthier alternative instead! These Dietitian Pick tots are loaded with broccoli and supercharged with fiber, vitamin C and protein.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line baking tray with parchment paper.
- Cut florets off broccoli heads and break them into medium pieces; remove outer skin of broccoli stems with vegetable peeler and cut stems into medium pieces.
- In a medium pot, bring water to boil. Steam broccoli pieces for 2 minutes and immediately drain. Rinse with cold water.
- In a food processer pulse cooked broccoli in short bursts, about 30 seconds to 1 minute total, until broccoli is rice-size. In a large mixing bowl combine broccoli, eggs, breadcrumbs, cheese and 1 teaspoon garlic powder. Season with salt if desired.
- On a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper, scoop 1 tablespoon of mixture and form into tot shape. Repeat until all mixture is gone. Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine remaining garlic powder, yogurt and lemon until thoroughly mixed. Season with salt and pepper if desired. Serve tots warm with lemon yogurt dip on the side.
Nutrition Facts167 Calories Per ServingFat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 109mgSodium: 178mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 3gSugars: 4gProtein: 13g
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe