Better For You Pumpkin Pie
This Better-for-You Pumpkin Pie recipe features wholesome ingredients and a touch of spice. It’s the perfect lightened-up Thanksgiving dessert!
- 1 Schnucks ready-to-bake piecrust dough
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp. cold water
- 1 (15 oz.) can Schnucks pumpkin purée
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup unrefined coconut sugar
- 3 tbsp. Schnucks honey
- 1/4 cup unsweetened oat milk
- 1 tsp. Schnucks vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. Schnucks pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat an 8-inch pie plate or tin with cooking spray.
- Roll out piecrust dough and gently transfer to prepared pie plate; leaving enough for an edge, remove excess dough. Prick holes on bottom with a fork.
- Whisk together egg white with 1 teaspoon cold water in a small bowl; gently brush over crust.
- In a large bowl, whisk together pumpkin purée, eggs, coconut sugar, honey and oat milk until smooth, 1–2 minutes. Stir in vanilla and spices until combined. Pour mixture into piecrust and evenly smooth with a spatula.
- Bake until filling is set and center barely jiggles when tapped, 50–60 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool to room temperature, about 1 hour. Refrigerate, covered, until ready to serve.
Make fun shapes using cookie cutters with any extra dough. Layer cutouts on top of the pie any way you'd like!
Nutrition Facts223 Calories Per ServingFat: 9gSaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 61mgSodium: 222mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 2gSugars: 14gProtein: 4g
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe