This slow-cooked Beef Brisket is perfectly hearty and savory. Great for a comforting holiday main dish, it requires minimal effort for maximum flavor.
- 1 tsp. Schnucks paprika
- 1 tsp. Schnucks black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. Schnucks cayenne pepper
- 1 oz. Schnucks onion soup & dip mix
- 6 lb. flat beef brisket, trimmed
- 3 large sweet onions, peeled & sliced
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup Cabernet Sauvignon
- 1 lemon, zested & juiced
- 1 tsp. Schnucks garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. Schnucks ground allspice
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- 1 lemon, sliced
- In a small bowl, stir together paprika, black pepper, cayenne pepper and onion soup and dip mix. Rub generously all over brisket. Wrap and refrigerate at least 3 hours or up to overnight. Transfer brisket to a counter and let come to room temperature before roasting.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Grease a shallow roasting pan with cooking spray. Spread half of the cranberries and onion in pan; top with brisket. Scatter remaining cranberries and onion over brisket.
- Pour water, wine and lemon juice over brisket; sprinkle liquid with garlic powder and allspice. Cover with heavy-duty foil or a tight-fitting lid. Bake until meat is fork-tender and internal temperature reaches 185 degrees, about 3 hours.
- Remove brisket from oven. Strain liquid into a medium saucepan over medium-low heat; cook, skimming off fat every few minutes, until thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer brisket to a cutting board and trim off any fat remaining on the outside. Cut meat across the grain into 1/4-inch slices and arrange on a platter. Drizzle with about half of the cranberry-onion sauce. Garnish with parsley and lemon slices; serve with remaining sauce.
Nutrition Facts331 Calories Per ServingFat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 169mgSodium: 421mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 2gSugars: 4gProtein: 58g
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe