Balsamic Grilled Flank Steak with Berry Bruschetta
A berry bruschetta is a surprising twist to a classic flank steak. The unique flavor combination is sure to impress!
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh basil, plus whole leaves for serving (if desired)
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar, divided
- 1 cup Schnucks extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. whole-grain mustard
- 1 tbsp. dried oregano
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 3 lb. Certified Angus Beef flank steak, tenderized with meat mallet
- 2 cups fresh blackberries and/or blueberries
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 tbsp. Schnucks honey
- In medium bowl, combine fresh berries, green onions, honey and chopped basil and 1 tablespoon vinegar. Using a fork, smash about half of the berries. Season with salt and pepper if desired. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- In another medium bowl, stir together remaining vinegar, olive oil, whole-grain mustard, oregano and garlic; season with salt and pepper, if desired. Set aside 1/4 cup for serving.
- Place meat in a large glass baking dish and pour remaining vinaigrette over top, turning to coat on all sides. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 30 minutes (up to 24 hours).
- Prepare grill for medium direct heat. Remove steak from the marinade, allowing excess to drip off. Grill steak 10–12 minutes or until desired doneness, turning once halfway through.
- Transfer steak to a cutting board and tent with foil; let rest 5 minutes, then thinly slice against the grain. Serve immediately topped with reserved vinaigrette, berry bruschetta and, if desired, additional basil leaves.
Our Butchers Make it Better
Simplify prep by asking our butchers to tenderize your flank steak.
Nutrition Facts490 Calories Per ServingFat: 25gSaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 151mgSodium: 132mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 3gSugars: 7gProtein: 54g
Actual nutritional values may vary depending on specific ingredients used and/or modifications to the recipe